The Alice Springs Child Care Centre is a Long Day Care Centre (LDC), providing care for Babies aged 6 months to 2 years, Toddlers, aged 2 years and Over's, 3 to 5 years of age.
A LDC service provides quality all-day or part-time care for children of working families and the general community. Long Day Care services must comply with applicable State and Territory regulations when providing care to children.
The Centre is approved to care for 45 children between the ages of 6 months to 5 years. The ASCCC operates for 50 weeks of the year between the hours of 0730 and 1730, Monday to Friday only.
We are a non-profit community based service. Participating within the Commonwealth Quality Improvement System for Long Day Care Centre’s.
A Management Committee oversees the running of our Centre. This Committee consists of parents and the Centre Director. The purpose of this Committee is to operate within regulations, our Operational Plan, the Code of Ethics and Best Practice Guidelines.
Parent Participation is not compulsory, but highly recommended, providing another avenue to be involved in your child’s development.
Since January 2004, the centre has completed over $200,000 worth of indoor and outdoor improvements, to improve the quality of care we are able to provide.
A developmentally appropriate play and arts based program, based on a holistic approach, is provided to meet individual and group needs. Commencing from 15 February 2010, the ASCCC has been actively reviewing it's Programming Policy, using the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). It is now our only Curriculum for our play based learning and reflective practices
A variety of indoor and outdoor activities, both programmed and spontaneous, are provided.
Regular Community excursions and activities are programmed for each 1 - 2 months.
The Alice Springs Child Care Centre aims to provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for all families and children where acceptance and respect for individuality, culture and each child’s developing independence is encouraged.
Our Centre is a place for children to learn, develop, experience and explore the world through their play.
In the warmth of this setting we hope to develop and nurture in your child a sense of responsibility for their own actions, through trust, respect and honesty resulting in a sense of self identity and worth.
We acknowledge the traditional owners of the land and pay respects to the elders, who have raised children, taught them about the world around them and bestowed on them the gift of culture and language.
- Regulated and Approved Provider. A high quality community based child care provider, located in the CBD
- High ratios of Qualified and experienced staff to child ratios providing a safe, secure and hygienic environment.
- Every child has the choice and opportunity to learn, develop, experience and explore the world through their play.
- Parent and carer relationships form an integral part of our care and quality. We have a very high child / family retention rate.
Nut Free Zone
There are currently children in our care that have life threatening allergies to peanuts and/or tree nuts. For this reason the centre has a strict Nut Free Zone Policy. Further details of our policy are provided upon enrollment to the centre, or upon request.
The Alice Springs Child Care Centre Inc. believes that quality early childhood experiences have a profound and lasting impact on the outcomes for children and their future development and potential. This centre is a respected and responsible business providing a community service that reflects:
- The diversity of the Australian community and which reflects the needs, interests and aspirations of the families using the service, at this time;
- The provision of a high quality child care program, which optimises the care of children and infants, to provide an appropriate educational, learning and play environment, to maximise children’s development, strengths, interests and needs.
What We Supply
- The Centre will provide two afternoon snacks per day at 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
- Milk or water is provided. No juice.
- Breakfast is provided everyday as part of the fees structure, at 9.00am for the Under 3’s and 9.30am for the Over 3’s.
- Sunscreen is also supplied to all the children unless your child has an allergy, whereby you will need to provide your own.
What You Bring
- We request all parents provide a 'healthy' packed lunch that abides by our Nutrition Policy, as well as by our strict nut free zone requirements. The centre does not provide a lunch service anymore.
- For Infants and Toddlers - provide their own supply of bottles, water bottle, formula, milk, nappies, pull-ups, hat and spare clothing, all in a carry bag.
- For Over's - provide their own water bottle, pull-ups or spare underwear, hat and spare clothing, all in a carry bag.
- All children are required to bring at least two sets of spare changes of clothes and a sun smart, wide brimmed hat.
© 2011 - 2016 Alice Springs Child Care Centre | Designed by samantha4bs